Huge meat-eating, land-living dinosaurs evolved into birds by constantly shrinking for over 50 million years, new research shows.
- Dinosaurs had 'flight-ready' brains
- T.rex 'little cousin' discovered
- Huge bird-like dinosaur unearthed
- Amur leopards born at zoo02:15
- Drones homing in on wildlife poachers03:15
- Scientists survey jellyfish after boom03:18
- Warm weather boosts slug numbers01:04
- Loris success in Sri Lanka 02:50
- Baby monkey makes puppy friends01:31
- Work needed for eagles' return02:02
- Honey could be key to new antibiotic01:31
- Turning a wish into a butterfly00:57
- Rescuers free beached whale 01:01
- Explorer emerges after living underwater02:10
- A baby panda for Edinburgh zoo? 00:55
Also in the News
Your nature photos
Share your photos of wildlife in summer.
Lynne Gee on Twitter prepares to wave the UK's swifts goodbye as they begin their long journey south over the coming weeks.