With so many influential female figures in British pop music, it was a difficult task to feature all of them in our documentary. In fact, we only had time for 12, however we've endeavoured to showcase more here on the Queens of British Pop website with classic clips from our archive.
We conducted a vote featuring all the artists on the site as to who was your favourite Queen, and these were the top ten.
Terms and conditions:
1. You can vote here until midnight on April 21 2009 and visit back to see who is crowned the ultimate Queen on April 24 2009.
2. The votes are opened and closed as specified above. Votes received after midnight on April 21 2009 will not be counted. Voting times may change.
3. Only one online vote is permitted per person.
4. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or suspend voting at any time.
5. The result of this vote does not represent public opinion and is only a result based on the visitors to this website.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.