Pop On Trial is the series which delivers the verdict on pop’s most important, influential and entertaining decade.
The results are in.
The 70s is the winning decade, decided by the jury on the finale.
Check out the top ten for the decade below as voted for by you.
Eddie was introduced to pop music early: his mother was the Secretary of the Small Faces Fan Club.
Eddie became a face in the 80s mod revival scene, devoting himself to music in various roles: fanzine writer, DJ, concert promoter and the boss of Countdown Records.
In 1987 he started the Acid Jazz label with his pal Gilles Peterson, which spawned a whole genre of soulful Brits - bands like the Brand New Heavies, the James Taylor Quartet and Galliano.
Eddie's also a regular presenter on the Funk and Soul Show on 6 Music, and lists his interests as Vespas, cricket and Leyton Orient.
These are the top ten tracks as voted for by you. Full results below.
- The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
- The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Who - My Generation
- The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
- Small Faces - Tin Soldier
This Top 50 was compiled by Stuart Maconie, Mark Radcliffe, Neil Innes, Tony Blackburn, Eddie Piller and the production team.
Select a track to find out more information about the artist and the song.