FUN STUFF: Facts and Figures about Live 8
Live 8 facts and figures
Live 8 is the biggest event in Hyde Park's history and biggest ticketed event ever in the UK. Here are a few facts and figures to show what it takes to organise an event of this scale.
* The stage is as high as 5 London double decker buses stacked on top of each other and as wide as 6 buses lined up nose to tail
* There will be over 500 microphones and 8000 meters of microphone cable used in order to keep the show running quickly from band to band.
* The stage roof is used to suspend over 30 tons of sound, lighting and video equipment.
* 47 tonnes of lights, suspended up to 10 metres above the stage from almost 180 metres of truss.
* 6 articulated truckloads of lighting equipment.
* A total of 295,000 kW of light - equivalent to almost seven and a half thousand domestic 40W lightbulbs.
* Total of 12 Giant screens - Total area 472m2 - Largest concentration of screens ever used at a European Outdoor Concert Site.
* Over 2,000 security and stewards will be deployed on the day of the event supplied by 4 companies. Resources will be drawn from all over the country including Scotland and Wales.
* Over the 3 weeks it will take to build the crew will consume……
- 10,000 rashers of bacon
- 12,000 sausages
- 18,000 eggs
- 2,000 lbs of cheese
- 50,000 litres of water
- 5,000 apples
- 8,000 bananas
The Live 8 Event
More Live 8 websites
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external websites
The issues and debates around the event
The sights and sounds of Glastonbury