- Principal Members
- Adam Clayton
- The Edge
- Larry Mullen Jr.
U2 are a rock band from Dublin, Ireland. Formed in 1976, U2 have consistently been one of the most popular acts in the world since the mid-1980s. The band has sold upwards of 170 million albums worldwide. With six #1 albums in the U.S. and nine #1 albums in the UK, U2 are one of the most successful bands of all time. They have won 22 Grammy awards.
The band was formed when Bono (vocals and guitar), The Edge (guitar, keyboards and vocals) and Adam Clayton (bass guitar) answered an advert placed by Larry Mullen Jr. (drums, percussion and vocals); they were teenagers at the time with limited musical proficiency...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1976 Formed in Dublin, initially as 'Feedback' and then 'The Hype'
- 1978 Win a talent show and make a demo
- 1979 First recording is issued by CBS and tops the Irish charts
- 1980 Sign to Island Records
- 1981 Make their first appearance on American TV
- 1984 Begin collaborating with Brian Eno
- 1984 Start to play indoor arenas in the US
- 1987 U2 appear on cover of Time
- 1992 The PopMart tour grosses huge amounts but makes little profit
- 1992 Zoo TV Tour
- 2004 Apple releases a special U2 branded iPod
- 2006 U2 win five Grammys
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 With Or Without You played 5,260 times
- 2 Beautiful Day played 5,010 times
- 3 Sunday Bloody Sunday played 4,118 times
- 4 Vertigo played 3,904 times
- 5 One played 3,777 times
- 6 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For played 3,507 times
- 7 Where The Streets Have No Name played 3,362 times
- 8 Pride (In the Name Of Love) played 2,640 times
- 9 New Year's Day played 2,574 times
- 10 Elevation played 2,446 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.