- Principal Members
- Roger Daltrey
- John Entwistle
- Kenney Jones
- Keith Moon
- Pete Townshend
The Who is an English rock band who first emerged in 1964. The primary lineup consisted of songwriter/guitarist Pete Townshend, singer Roger Daltrey, bassist/songwriter John Entwistle, and drummer Keith Moon. The Who came to prominence in the 1960s and grew to be considered one of the greatest and most influential rock bands of all time, in addition to being 'possibly the greatest live band ever.'
Keith Moon died in 1978, after which the band released two more studio albums, Face Dances and It's Hard, with drummer Kenney Jones, before officially disbanding in 1983.
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1964 Formed (initially as The Detours and The High Numbers)
- 1965 'My Generation' recorded
- 1967 The Who destroy their equipment at Monterey
- 1969 The Who play Woodstock
- 1976 Play 'the loudest concert ever' at Charlton Football ground
- 1978 Keith Moon dies of a drug overdose and is replaced by Kenney Jones
- 1989 Sell 2 million tickets on their 25th anniversary tour
- 1990 Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2002 John Entwistle dies
- 2006 'Endless Wire' (their first studio album since 1982) released
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Baba O'Riley played 3,467 times
- 2 My Generation played 3,409 times
- 3 Pinball Wizard played 2,527 times
- 4 Behind Blue Eyes played 2,292 times
- 5 Won't Get Fooled Again played 2,173 times
- 6 Who Are You played 1,575 times
- 7 I Can't Explain played 1,554 times
- 8 Substitute played 1,416 times
- 9 I Can See for Miles played 1,313 times
- 10 Magic Bus played 1,299 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.