The White Stripes
- Principal Members
- Jack White
- Meg White
The White Stripes is a Grammy Award-winning American rock music duo from Detroit, composed of songwriter Jack White on guitar, piano, lead vocals, and Meg White on drums, percussion and vocals. The group rose to prominence as part of the garage rock revival with the albums White Blood Cells and Elephant.
The White Stripes are known for their raw low fidelity sound and the simplicity of their compositions and arrangements mostly inspired by punk rock, American blues, Folk rock, and country music...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1997 Formed in Detroit
- 2002 Q magazine names the band as one of '50 to see before you die'
- 2003 Fourth album 'Elephant' tops the UK album charts
- 2003 Jack makes no 17 on Rolling Stone's list of the greatest guitarists of all time
- 2004 Win a Brit award for single "Seven Nation Army"
- 2005 Record Collector magazine names them the most collectable contemporary band
- 2006 'Get Behind Me Satan' wins a Grammy
- 2006 'Seven Nation Army' becomes the Italian team's unofficial World Cup theme
- 2007 V2 records announces it will not release any future material by the band
- 2007 Sign with Warners
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Seven Nation Army played 10,268 times
- 2 Blue Orchid played 5,880 times
- 3 Fell in Love With a Girl played 4,777 times
- 4 My Doorbell played 4,446 times
- 5 The Hardest Button to Button played 4,413 times
- 6 Icky Thump played 4,098 times
- 7 The Denial Twist played 3,612 times
- 8 I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself played 3,567 times
- 9 Black Math played 3,452 times
- 10 Hotel Yorba played 3,203 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.
- The Black Keys
- The Vines
- The Hives
- The Stooges
- The Kinks
- Robert Johnson
- Thee Headcoatees
- Loretta Lynn
- The Raconteurs