The Replacements in New York - 1988
The Replacements were an alternative rock band from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Principal Members
- Slim Dunlap
- Steve Foley
- Tommy Stinson
- Paul Westerberg
The Replacements (also known as The 'Mats or The Mats, from the insult of a detractor who joked the band's name was 'The Placemats', which the band then adopted) were an alternative rock band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. They began as a punk rock outfit, along with other hometown heroes Huesker Due, but they gradually shifted to a more mainstream, blues-influenced rock style.
Loud and exuberant, the band featured guitarist and vocalist Paul Westerberg, guitarist Bob Stinson, bassist Tommy Stinson, and drummer Chris Mars. Bassist Tommy Stinson was just 12 years old when the group first formed...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1979 Formed as Dogbreath, then The Impediments
- 1985 Record 'Tim' with producer Tommy Erdelyi (aka Tommy Ramone)
- 1986 Bob Stinson leaves, eventually replaced by Slim Dunlap
- 1989 Fired from the support slot on Tom Petty's US tour
- 1990 The album 'All Shook Down' features session musicians.
- 1991 The band dissolve
- 1995 Bob Stinson dies aged 34
- 2006 Reunite briefly to record two new songs for a best of album
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 I Will Dare played 509 times
- 2 Unsatisfied played 326 times
- 3 Bastards of Young played 324 times
- 4 Alex Chilton played 319 times
- 5 Can't Hardly Wait played 282 times
- 6 Here Comes a Regular played 265 times
- 7 Favorite Thing played 259 times
- 8 Left of the Dial played 251 times
- 9 Kiss Me on the Bus played 241 times
- 10 Androgynous played 229 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.