- Principal Members
- Stewart Copeland
- Andy Summers
The Police are a three-piece rock band, strongly influenced by reggae music. Coming to prominence in the wake of the punk rock phenomenon, they rose to become one of the most popular groups in the world in the early 1980s.
After 21 years apart, they reunited on February 11, 2007 to perform as the opening act of the 49th Annual Grammy Awards. The day after this performance, on February 12, 2007, the band announced they will be touring together in 2007. It has also been announced that they will be playing at the Live Earth concert in July.
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1977 Formed with original guitarist Henry Padovani
- 1977 Andy Summers joins, Padovani leaves
- 1978 'Outlandos d'Amour' released
- 1979 'Regatta de Blanc' released; spawns two #1 singles and wins a Grammy
- 1980 'Zenyatta Mondatta' released
- 1982 Win Best British Group at the Brits
- 1983 Play Shea Stadium
- 1984 Disband after World Tour
- 1986 Reunite (unsuccessfully) for a short period
- 2003 Reunite for a performance at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2007 Reunite for a 30th anniversary world tour.
Perky reggae tinged power pop recorded on a shoestring.
Regatta De Blanc
More perky reggae tinged power pop but even more hits.
The last truly collaborative effort from the trio and the critic's favourite.
Not many #1 albums make references to Carl Jung's psychological theories and have three hit singles on them as well.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Every Breath You Take played 4,154 times
- 2 Message in a Bottle played 3,460 times
- 3 Roxanne played 3,402 times
- 4 Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic played 2,042 times
- 5 Walking on the Moon played 1,752 times
- 6 Don't Stand So Close to Me played 1,719 times
- 7 Can't Stand Losing You played 1,608 times
- 8 King of Pain played 1,406 times
- 9 So Lonely played 1,315 times
- 10 Wrapped Around Your Finger played 1,178 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.