- Principal Members
- Black Francis (Frank Black)
- Kim Deal
- Dave Lovering
- Joey Santiago
The Pixies are an American alternative rock band formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1985. The band disbanded in 1993 in acrimonious circumstances but reunited in 2004. Black Francis, Joey Santiago, Kim Deal, and Dave Lovering have been the band's continual members.
The Pixies found only modest success in their home country, but were significantly more successful in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe, although never achieving mainstream success with their studio albums...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1987 Record a demo tape which lands them a deal with UK label 4AD
- 1988 'Surfer Rosa' is named album of the year by UK music paper Sounds
- 1989 Tensions between Deal and Black come to a head while on tour
- 1989 The band take a break, Deal forms The Breeders
- 1990 While on tour Deal unilaterally announces the band's break-up
- 1992 Support U2 on their Zoo tour
- 1993 Black announces the band's demise on Radio 5, then tells the other members
- 2004 Reform for gigs and a projected album release in 2007
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Where Is My Mind? played 5,874 times
- 2 Here Comes Your Man played 4,121 times
- 3 Debaser played 4,091 times
- 4 Monkey Gone to Heaven played 3,817 times
- 5 Hey played 3,492 times
- 6 Wave of Mutilation played 3,106 times
- 7 Gigantic played 2,832 times
- 8 Tame played 2,824 times
- 9 Gouge Away played 2,736 times
- 10 Bone Machine played 2,720 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.