- Principal Members
- Lu Edmonds
- Brian James
- Rat Scabies
- Captain Sensible
- Dave Vanian
The Damned are a punk/goth band formed in London, England in 1976. They were the first British punk band to release a single ('New Rose'), put out an album (Damned Damned Damned), and tour the United States. They are considered one of the founders of gothic rock.
The Damned have incorporated many different styles into their music and image; such as garage rock, psychedelic rock, cabaret and the theatrical rock of Screaming Lord Sutch and Alex Harvey. Vanian's vocal style has been described as similar to a crooner, which is unique for a punk rock vocalist...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1976 Play their first gig supporting The Sex Pistols
- 1976 'New Rose' is released
- 1977 Support Marc Bolan on his last tour
- 1978 Brian James leaves
- 1984 Capt. Sensible leaves
- 1993 New line-up emerges after a break
- 1996 Sensible returns; Rat Scabies quits after a legal row
- 2006 The Damned tour the US
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 New Rose played 478 times
- 2 Neat Neat Neat played 376 times
- 3 Love Song played 213 times
- 4 Fan Club played 181 times
- 5 Stab Your Back played 160 times
- 6 Born to Kill played 156 times
- 7 Feel the Pain played 154 times
- 8 I Fall played 152 times
- 9 I Feel Alright played 136 times
- 10 So Messed Up played 133 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.