The Beatles at Abbey Road Studios - 24th June 1967
The Beatles before performing All You Need Is Love on live satellite link up.
- Principal Members
- George Harrison
- John Lennon
- Paul McCartney
- Ringo Starr
The Beatles were an English rock band from Liverpool whose members were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. They are among the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed bands in the history of popular music. Their innovative music and cultural impact helped define the 1960s.
The Beatles are the best-selling musical act of all time in the United States, according to the Recording Industry Association of America, which certified them as the highest selling band of all time based on American sales of singles and albums...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1962 Turned down by Decca Records but sign to EMI
- 1962 Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best
- 1963 First number one in the UK
- 1965 Awarded MBEs and play Shea Stadium
- 1966 Lennon's 'bigger than Jesus' comment
- 1966 Perform their last gig in front of paying fans
- 1967 Play 'All You Need is Love' on TV to an audience of 400m
- 1968 Form Apple Corps
- 1970 The band break up
- 1980 Lennon is shot and killed
- 1994 Starr, Harrison and McCartney reunite briefly
- 2001 George Harrison dies
Recorded in just four weeks and the album that marked a new adventurous eclecticism from the Fab Four.
Ranked the greatest album of all time by many - psychedelic, groundbreaking and a towering achievement.
Often cited as the most influential album ever recorded.
The White Album
The Fab Four's only double album. Harder edged and even more experimental; Yoko Ono makes her presence felt.
The last album to be recorded by the band, who'd decided to 'go out on a high note'. Tightly constructed and marking Harrison's maturity as a songwriter.
- Related programme
- On the BBC
- On the web
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Let It Be played 6,608 times
- 2 Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds played 6,443 times
- 3 Hey Jude played 6,312 times
- 4 Eleanor Rigby played 6,160 times
- 5 Yesterday played 6,111 times
- 6 Come Together played 5,959 times
- 7 Help! played 5,856 times
- 8 All You Need Is Love played 5,741 times
- 9 Here Comes the Sun played 5,348 times
- 10 While My Guitar Gently Weeps played 5,282 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.