- Principal Members
- David Byrne
- Chris Frantz
- Jerry Harrison
- Tina Weymouth
Talking Heads were an American rock band existing between 1974 and 1991, composed of David Byrne, Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth, and Jerry Harrison.
Talking Heads sound combined punk rock, pop, funk rock, art rock, and later, world music. In David Byrne, they had one of the most distinctive front men of the period; they remained popular during their lifetime, and their concert film Stop Making Sense (made at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood, directed by Jonathan Demme) is acclaimed as one of the finest examples of the genre
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1974 Formed at the Rhode School of Art and Design as a trio
- 1975 Play CBGB's supporting The Ramones
- 1976 Jerry Harrison added on guitar and keyboards
- 1977 Sign to Sire records
- 1978 Begin their association with producer and unofficial 5th member Brian Eno
- 1980 Augment the band for the tour in support of 'Remain in Light'
- 1983 Score their first US top ten single with "Burning Down The House"
- 1983 Their 'Speaking In Tongues' tour is their last
- 1988 The band go on hiatus and announce their split three years later
- 2002 The band reunite for one night at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Taut, snappy songs suffused with nervy paranoia. Catchy and arty simultaneously.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Psycho Killer played 2,169 times
- 2 Once in a Lifetime played 1,909 times
- 3 Burning Down the House played 1,679 times
- 4 Take Me to the River played 1,034 times
- 5 And She Was played 971 times
- 6 This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) played 919 times
- 7 Life During Wartime played 915 times
- 8 Road To Nowhere played 895 times
- 9 Crosseyed and Painless played 783 times
- 10 Heaven played 732 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.