Born 3rd December 1948
Ozzy Osbourne (born John Michael Osbourne, 3rd December 3, 1948 in Aston, Birmingham, England) is a singer - lead vocalist of the pioneering heavy metal band Black Sabbath - popular solo artist, and former star of the popular reality show The Osbournes.
As a solo artist, Osbourne has sold over 27 million albums in the US. Two albums, Blizzard of Ozz (1980) and No More Tears (1991), are certified quadruple platinum, for sales of over 4 million copies in the US...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1979 Sacked from Black Sabbath after a decade as their vocalist
- 1980 Forms the Ozzy Osbourne Band (known intitally as The Blizzard of Ozz)
- 1982 Star guitarist Randy Rhoads dies in a plane crash
- 1982 Infamous bat biting incident
- 1986 Accused of writing lyrics that influenced the suicide of a teenage boy
- 1993 Announces his retirement, which is followed by the 'Retirement Sucks' Tour
- 1996 The first Ozzfest is held, to date it has grossed over $100m
- 2002 The first series of 'The Osbournes' becomes the most watched ever on MTV
- 2003 Seriously injures himself in a motor accident
- 2003 While in hospital has his first number one, a duet with daughter Kelly
- 2005 Moons the crowd while being inducted into the UK Music Hall Of Fame
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Crazy Train played 2,027 times
- 2 Dreamer played 1,379 times
- 3 Bark at the Moon played 1,258 times
- 4 Mr. Crowley played 1,140 times
- 5 No More Tears played 949 times
- 6 I Just Want You played 871 times
- 7 Goodbye to Romance played 658 times
- 8 Mama, I'm Coming Home played 637 times
- 9 Iron Man played 597 times
- 10 Shot in the Dark played 537 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.