- Principal Members
- Gem Archer
- Paul 'Bonehead' Arthurs
- Liam Gallagher
- Noel Gallagher
- Tony McCarrol
- Paul McGuigan
- Zak Starkey
- Alan White
Oasis are an English rock band, formed in Manchester in 1991. Led by lead guitarist and primary songwriter Noel Gallagher and his younger brother, lead vocalist and songwriter Liam Gallagher, they are one of the most successful groups to emerge during the Britpop movement of the mid-1990s.
The Gallagher brothers are the only remaining original band members, and the present lineup is completed by rhythm/lead guitarist Gem Archer, bass guitarist Andy Bell and drummer Zak Starkey.
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1991 Formed when Liam Gallagher joins Manchester band Rain
- 1991 Noel Gallagher joins and assumes leadership of the band
- 1993 Sign to Creation Records
- 1994 Debut album enters the chart at #1
- 1994 Noel temporarily quits the band after an onstage fight with Liam
- 1995 Chart Battle with Blur
- 1996 Break audience records playing at Knebworth
- 1999 Founder members Paul Arthurs and Paul McGuigan leave
- 2004 Oasis headline Glastonbury for the second time
- 2007 Oasis receive the Brit Award for Outstanding Achievement
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Wonderwall played 12,382 times
- 2 Don't Look Back in Anger played 5,850 times
- 3 Champagne Supernova played 5,292 times
- 4 Live Forever played 4,051 times
- 5 Morning Glory played 3,118 times
- 6 Some Might Say played 3,029 times
- 7 Supersonic played 2,966 times
- 8 Stop Crying Your Heart Out played 2,863 times
- 9 Roll With It played 2,679 times
- 10 The Importance of Being Idle played 2,514 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.