- Principal Members
- Cliff Burton
- Kirk Hammett
- James Hetfield
- Lars Ulrich
- Dave Mustaine
- Jason Newsted
Metallica is an American heavy metal band, formed in 1981, which became one of the most commercially successful musical acts of recent decades. Metallica has sold more than 90 million albums worldwide, including 57 million albums sold in the United States.
Metallica is also considered to be one of the 'Big four' thrash metal bands, along with Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1981 Formed by James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich
- 1982 Guitarist Dave Mustaine joins
- 1983 Bassist Cliff Burton joins
- 1983 Mustaine leaves and Kirk Hammett joins
- 1986 Burton is killed in a road accident, Jason Newsted replaces him
- 1992 Hetfield suffers burns in an onstage accident
- 1999 Perform with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
- 2000 The Napster lawsuit
- 2001 Newsted leaves, Hetfield goes into rehab
- 2003 Robert Trujillo replaces Newsted
Master Of Puppets
Their first breakthrough album; chock full of social comment and monstrous riffing.
Justice For All
Another breakthrough - despite the controversial production job, a classic.
Their first with aptly named Bob Rock in the producer's chair. Cost $1m to make and it sounds like it.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Nothing Else Matters played 7,566 times
- 2 Enter Sandman played 7,205 times
- 3 Master of Puppets played 6,692 times
- 4 One played 5,862 times
- 5 The Unforgiven played 4,586 times
- 6 Fade to Black played 4,454 times
- 7 Sad but True played 4,439 times
- 8 Battery played 4,421 times
- 9 For Whom the Bell Tolls played 3,893 times
- 10 Whiskey in the Jar played 3,794 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.