Born 27th Nov, 1942
Died 18th Sep, 1970
Jimi Hendrix (27th November, 1942, Seattle, Washington - 18th September, 1970, London, England) was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter. Hendrix is recognized as one of the greatest and most influential guitarists in rock music history.
After initial success in England, he achieved worldwide fame following his 1967 performance at the Monterey Pop Festival. Later, Hendrix headlined the iconic 1969 Woodstock Festival before his death in 1970, at the age of 27...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1962 First studio session in Nashville
- 1965 Plays with both the Isley Brothers and Little Richard
- 1966 Forms Jimmy James and The Blue Flames
- 1966 Chas Chandler discovers Hendrix
- 1966 Hendrix arrives in London and forms the Experience
- 1966 Hendrix jams with Cream
- 1967 Hendrix covers Sgt Pepper
- 1967 Hendrix plays the Monterey Pop Festival
- 1969 Noel Redding quits the Experience
- 1969 Hendrix plays Woodstock to less than half its peak audience
- 1970 Disastrous performance at Madison Square Garden
- 1970 Hendrix dies at the age of 27
- 1970 Named #1 guitarist of all time by Rolling Stone
- Related programme
- On the BBC
- On the web
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Purple Haze played 4,337 times
- 2 All Along the Watchtower played 3,735 times
- 3 Hey Joe played 3,387 times
- 4 Little Wing played 2,440 times
- 5 Fire played 2,430 times
- 6 Red House played 2,063 times
- 7 The Wind Cries Mary played 1,957 times
- 8 Crosstown Traffic played 1,851 times
- 9 Voodoo Child (slight return) played 1,601 times
- 10 Foxy Lady played 1,594 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.