- Principal Members
- Tony Banks
- Phil Collins
- Peter Gabriel
- Steve Hackett
- Anthony Phillips
- Mike Rutherford
Genesis are a Grammy Award-winning English progressive rock band who formed in 1967. With approximately 150 million albums sold worldwide, Genesis are one of the top 30 highest-selling recording artists of all time. The group's members have included Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins, both of whom achieved success as solo artists and in other music ventures.
During the 1970s and 1980s, Genesis evolved from a 60's pop band, with moody, simple guitar-driven melodies, to a progressive art rock band...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1967 Formed at Charterhouse School
- 1969 Debut album released
- 1970 Phil Collins and Steve Hackett join
- 1973 'I Know What I Like' reaches #17 in the UK Charts
- 1975 Peter Gabriel leaves
- 1977 Steve Hackett leaves
- 1996 Phil Collins leaves, replaced by Ray Wilson
- 2007 Band reunite (without Gabriel and Hackett) for a series of gigs
Collins and Hackett make their debut. Intricate, whimsical and as English as buttered scones.
Including the epic, side-long 'Supper's Ready'. A prog classic.
Selling England By The Pound
Lush, perfectly realised prog that even spawned a hit single.
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Gabriel's swansong; a sprawling apocalyptic fantasy. Surprisingly edgy.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Land of Confusion played 898 times
- 2 I Can't Dance played 882 times
- 3 Invisible Touch played 647 times
- 4 Jesus He Knows Me played 636 times
- 5 That's All played 556 times
- 6 No Son of Mine played 539 times
- 7 Mama played 500 times
- 8 I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) played 493 times
- 9 Firth of Fifth played 452 times
- 10 In Too Deep played 386 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.