- Principal Members
- Bob Hardy
- Alex Kapranos
- Nick McCarthy
- Paul Thomson
Franz Ferdinand are a Scottish indie rock/post-punk revival band originating from Glasgow. Formed in 2001 and named after Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, the band consists of Alex Kapranos on lead vocals and guitar, Bob Hardy on bass guitar, Nick McCarthy on guitar, keyboards, vocals, and Paul Thomson on drums, percussion, and backing vocals.
The band's debut self-titled album (released in 2004) debuted on the UK album charts at number three and won the 2004 Mercury Music Prize...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 2001 Formed in Glasgow
- 2003 Sign to Domino and release 'The Darts of Pleasure' EP
- 2004 'Take Me Out' wins an Ivor Novello award
- 2005 Donated a song for use in The Green Party's election campaign
- 2005 Break the record for the longest run at Alexandra Palace
- 2005 Kanye West declares himself a fan
Post punk dance collisions of the first order.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Take Me Out played 10,072 times
- 2 Do You Want To played 5,719 times
- 3 The Fallen played 4,811 times
- 4 This Fire played 4,656 times
- 5 Walk Away played 4,489 times
- 6 Jacqueline played 4,149 times
- 7 Darts of Pleasure played 4,119 times
- 8 Tell Her Tonight played 3,984 times
- 9 Michael played 3,962 times
- 10 Eleanor Put Your Boots On played 3,649 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.
- The Klaxons
- The Futureheads
- Maximo Park
- Gang of Four
- David Bowie
- Joy Division
- The Cribs
- Daft Punk
- Jane Birkin