Coldplay : Live and Exclusive for Radio 2 - 13th February 2006
Chris Martin from at Abbey Road studios, London.
- Principal Members
- Guy Berryman
- Jonny Buckland
- Will Champion
- Chris Martin
Coldplay are an English rock band from London. Formed in 1998, Coldplay achieved worldwide fame with their 2000 single "Yellow", followed by the success of their debut album, Parachutes. The group comprises vocalist/pianist Chris Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion.
Coldplay's early material was often compared to acts such as Jeff Buckley and Radiohead, while also drawing comparisons to U2...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1998 Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley donates the bandname, but refuses the post of keyboard player
- 1998 Press 500 copies of their first EP. Only 50 go on sale to the public
- 1998 Sign to Fierce Panda
- 1999 Sign to Parlophone
- 1999 Champion is sacked but reinstated
- 1999 Band decide on an equal split of royalities between them
- 2000 Score their first top 40 single with "Shiver"
- 2002 Spend over a year on tour
- 2005 The delayed release of 'X&Y' causes EMI's stock to drop
- 2007 Collaborate with Brian Eno
A Rush of Blood To The Head
Assured, lush follow up to their debut; 12 million units shifted!
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 The Scientist played 9,797 times
- 2 Clocks played 9,755 times
- 3 Fix You played 9,212 times
- 4 Yellow played 8,321 times
- 5 Speed of Sound played 7,785 times
- 6 Don't Panic played 7,546 times
- 7 Talk played 6,907 times
- 8 In My Place played 6,674 times
- 9 Trouble played 6,411 times
- 10 Warning Sign played 5,287 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.