Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born 23th September, 1949) is an American rock singer-songwriter and guitarist. Springsteen has frequently recorded and toured with the E Street Band, and also as a solo artist and with other musicians.
Through his career, Springsteen has won fifteen Grammys, an Oscar, an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a large, devoted and long-lasting fan base...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1965 Joins The Castilles as lead guitarist
- 1969 Forms Child (later Steel Mill) with 'Miami' Steve Van Zandt
- 1972 John Hammond helps get Springsteen signed to CBS
- 1973 Releases two albums in a year to critical acclaim but few sales
- 1974 Critic Jon Landau writes that Springsteen is the "future of rock and roll"
- 1975 Appears on the cover of Time and Newsweek in the same week
- 1975 Releases 'Born to run' which goes platinum
- 1977 Returns to recording after a two year legal battle with his manager
- 1984 'Born in the USA' sells 15 million copies in the US and spawns 7 top 10 singles
- 2000 Sells out Madison Square Gardens for 10 nights
- 2006 Wins The Grammy for Best Traditional Folk Album
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Born to Run played 1,876 times
- 2 Dancing in the Dark played 1,478 times
- 3 Thunder Road played 1,430 times
- 4 Streets of Philadelphia played 1,430 times
- 5 The River played 995 times
- 6 Glory Days played 935 times
- 7 Atlantic City played 885 times
- 8 Hungry Heart played 876 times
- 9 Born in the U.S.A. played 815 times
- 10 I'm on Fire played 773 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.