Born 24th May, 1941
Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman, 24th May, 1941), is an American singer-songwriter, author, musician, and poet who has been a major figure in popular music for five decades. Much of Dylan's most notable work dates from the 1960s, when he became an informal documentarian and reluctant figurehead of American unrest.
Some of his songs, such as 'Blowin' in the Wind' and 'The Times They Are a-Changin'' became anthems of the anti-war and civil rights movements. His most recent studio album, Modern Times, released on August 29, 2006, entered the US album charts at #1, making him, at age 65, the oldest living person to top those charts...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1959 Begins playing Minnesota's folk clubs
- 1961 Signs to Columbia Records
- 1963 Sings at the famous March on Washington
- 1965 Goes electric at Newport Folk Festival
- 1965 The 'Judas' incident at Manchester Free Trade Hall
- 1966 Suffers a broken neck in a motorcycle accident
- 1969 Turns down Woodstock, plays The Isle of Wight
- 1975 Organises The Rolling Thunder Revue
- 1979 Becomes a born-again Christian
- 2006 Becomes the oldest living artist to top the US album charts
Highway '61 Revisisted
Dylan's first entirely electric effort. Loud, lyrical and hugely influential.
Blonde On Blonde
Rock's first double album. "That thin, that wild mercury sound", according to its creator.
Blood On The Tracks
Dylan documents the failure of his marriage with what many consider to be his finest record.
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Like a Rolling Stone played 4,837 times
- 2 Blowin' in the Wind played 2,782 times
- 3 Mr. Tambourine Man played 2,619 times
- 4 Subterranean Homesick Blues played 2,523 times
- 5 Tangled Up in Blue played 2,351 times
- 6 Just Like a Woman played 2,332 times
- 7 All Along the Watchtower played 2,224 times
- 8 I Want You played 2,135 times
- 9 Hurricane played 2,114 times
- 10 The Times They Are A-Changin' played 1,827 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.