The Arctic Monkeys in Glasgow - 27th January 2006
Alex Turner from The Arctic Monkeys at the Carling Academy, Glasgow.
- Principal Members
- Jamie Cook
- Matt Helders
- Andy Nicholson
- Nick O'Malley
- Alex Turner
Arctic Monkeys are an English four-piece indie rock/post-punk revival band originating from High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. Formed in 2002, the band currently consists of Alex Turner on lead vocals and guitar, Jamie Cook on guitar, Matt Helders on drums and backing vocals and Nick O'Malley on bass guitar, a position formerly held by Andy Nicholson.
Arctic Monkeys achieved chart success with their first two singles, "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" and "When the Sun Goes Down", reaching number one in the UK Singles Chart...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (see full disclaimer) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- 2003 First gig at a Sheffield pub
- 2004 The Band's songs start to be uploaded to the internet by fans
- 2005 Single released on the band's own label Bang Bang
- 2005 Play the Carling Stage at Reading and Leeds
- 2005 Sell out the Astoria
- 2005 Sign to Domino Records
- 2005 Debut single tops the UK chart
- 2006 Debut album becomes the fastest selling debut in UK chart history
- 2006 Original bassist Nicholson leaves
- 2006 Win the Mercury Music Prize
These photos have been uploaded by the public to Flickr.
Click to see a larger image.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
The artist's most listened to tracks on Last.FM.
- 1 D is For Dangerous played 14,520 times
- 2 Balaclava played 13,739 times
- 3 Brianstorm played 13,288 times
- 4 Teddy Picker played 12,939 times
- 5 Do Me A Favour played 12,503 times
- 6 This House Is A Circus played 11,848 times
- 7 Old Yellow Bricks played 11,601 times
- 8 If You Were There, Beware played 11,051 times
- 9 The Bad Thing played 10,964 times
- 10 I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor played 10,956 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.