Terms And Conditions
1. Voting is available online between 17:00 hrs Monday 19th 2008 and 23:59hrs Monday June 2nd 2008.
2. The votes are opened and closed as specified above. Votes received outside the specified times will not be counted. Voting times may change.
3. Only one online vote is permitted per person.
4. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or suspend voting at any time. In the unlikely event that the vote has to be cancelled the BBC may substitute the vote of a panel of judges if it so desires.
5. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
6. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
7. Nominees will be asked to take all reasonable steps to ensure that no-one unfairly manipulates or rigs any voting procedure. If there should be any such manipulation or rigging the BBC may discount votes, and in the unlikely event that there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that any nominee has been in breach of this provision, the BBC shall be entitled to disqualify that nominee from being eligible for the award. Professional and / or paid for publicity, marketing or advertising to solicit support for a nominee is not permitted.
The Awards year runs from 15th April 2007 to 14th April 2008. The Awards will be held at an event at London's Mermaid Theatre on 21st July 2008 where the winners will be announced. The results will be posted on-line and broadcast on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 3
The public is asked to vote for the following awards, the shortlists for which have been determined by a panel of experts using the specified criteria.
1. Best Album Award - The most significant Jazz album released in the 12 months to 14th April 2008. Reissues or compilations do not qualify.
2. Jazz on 3 - Innovation Award. The artist or group who has shown the most innovation in writing and performance during the past year.
3. Jazz Line - Up Band of The Year - The group of musicians who have made the most impact during the past year either through performance, albums or a special event.
4. Radio 2 Jazz Artist of The Year - 'For popularising jazz'. The group or individual artist who has done most to keep jazz popular amongst the Radio 2 audience demographic.
5. The Heart Of Jazz Award - 'For performing in a classic jazz style'. The group or artist who has most successfully used the best traditions of Jazz in their work during the past year.