- Clips (3)Latest ClipCharlie Watts chats to Steve Wright
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Charlie Watts chats to Steve Wrighthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cfj8n.jpg2012-03-08T16:45:00ZRolling Stone Charlie Watts chats to Steve Wright about his love of boogie woogie and jazz, and what the Stones are up to.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f581a3dc-3319-4656-8b97-66d560482f4a?clipfocus=p00pxb2bSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 7 mins
Charlie Watts chats to Steve Wright
- Ronnie Wood & Charlie Watts - Interview with Johnnie Walkerhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cd67p.jpg2011-11-20T17:00:00ZJohnnie celebrates the music of a colourful and eclectic decade. This week he catches up with Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts, of The Rolling Stones, as they re-release Some Girls.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f581a3dc-3319-4656-8b97-66d560482f4a?clipfocus=p00lzqmkSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 17 mins
Ronnie Wood & Charlie Watts - Interview with Johnnie Walker
- The Jazz House - Charlie Wattshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c9dsh.jpg2011-06-20T23:00:32ZRolling Stones drummer, Charlie Watts, tells of his passion for jazz.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f581a3dc-3319-4656-8b97-66d560482f4a?clipfocus=p00hq0klSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
The Jazz House - Charlie Watts
Clips from Similar Artists
Charles Robert "Charlie" Watts (born 2 June 1941) is an English drummer, best known as a member of The Rolling Stones. Originally trained as a graphic artist, he started playing drums in London’s rhythm and blues clubs, where he met Brian Jones, Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards. In 1963, he joined their group, the Rolling Stones, as drummer, while doubling as designer of their record-sleeves and tour-stages. He has also toured with his own group, the Charlie Watts Quintet, and appeared at London’s prestigious jazz-club Ronnie Scott’s with the Charlie Watts Tentet.
In 2006, Watts was elected into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame; in the same year, Vanity Fair elected him into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame.