- Clips (3)Latest ClipJohnnie Walker chats to The Eagles
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreBBC News - George Lucas to receive Kennedy Center honour
- Johnnie Walker chats to The Eagleshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p018y3wk.jpg2013-05-12T16:13:00ZJohnnie Walker chats with Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit of The Eagles as they release a career-spanning documentary, History Of The Eagles.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f46bd570-5768-462e-b84c-c7c993bbf47e?clipfocus=p018y3wnSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 19 mins
Johnnie Walker chats to The Eagles
- Glenn Frey in conversation with Johnnie Walkerhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chkjj.jpg2012-07-08T23:00:24ZJohnnie Walker chats to Glenn Frey of The Eagles about the band's huge success during the 70s.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f46bd570-5768-462e-b84c-c7c993bbf47e?clipfocus=p00vwckjSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 18 mins
Glenn Frey in conversation with Johnnie Walker
- Timothy B. Schmit interview on Weekend Wogan.http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bkk25.jpg2010-04-04T23:59:00ZEagles' guitarist Timothy B. Schmit chats to Sir Terry on Weekend Wogan on Sunday 28 March 2010.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/f46bd570-5768-462e-b84c-c7c993bbf47e?clipfocus=p0073qqhSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Timothy B. Schmit interview on Weekend Wogan.
Clips from Similar Artists
The Eagles are an American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1971 by Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner. With five number-one singles, six Grammy Awards, five American Music Awards, and six number one albums, the Eagles were one of the most successful musical acts of the 1970s. At the end of the 20th century, two of their albums, Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) and Hotel California, were ranked among the 20 best-selling albums in the United States according to the Recording Industry Association of America. Hotel California is ranked 37th in Rolling Stone 's list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time" and the band was ranked number 75 on the magazine's 2004 list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
The Eagles are one of the world's best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 150 million records—100 million in the U.S. alone—including 42 million copies of Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) and 32 million copies of Hotel California. "Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975)" was the best selling album of the 20th century in the U.S. They are the fifth-highest-selling music act and the highest-selling American band in U.S. history. No American band sold more records than the Eagles during the 1970s.