- Clips (2)Latest ClipJuana Molina on the Park stage
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Juana Molina on the Park stagehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p021w1n0.jpg2014-07-29T13:56:00ZWatch highlights of Juana Molina's set from the Park stage at Glastonbury Festival 2014http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/eca5dd0e-edc7-4658-85f0-762e263b4acd?clipfocus=p023s2xvSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
Juana Molina on the Park stage
- Juana Molina - Erashttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p021vskq.jpg2014-06-29T17:00:00ZJuana Molina performs Eras at Glastonbury 2014http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/eca5dd0e-edc7-4658-85f0-762e263b4acd?clipfocus=p021vsljSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 6 mins
Juana Molina - Eras
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Juana Rosario Molina (born October 1, 1961) is an Argentine singer-songwriter and actress. She is known for her distinctive sound, which is generally considered folktronica, but has also been described as ambient, experimental, neofolk, indietronica, psychedelic, and indie pop.
The daughter of tango singer Horacio Molina and actress Chunchuna Villafañe, she achieved fame as a sketch comedy actress in the 1990s, first as a guest in various shows and in 1991 with her own show, Juana y sus hermanas. At the height of her popularity, she quit her job as an actress to pursue a career in music. Her debut album, Rara, was subsequently released in 1996, and panned by local critics who resented her departure from television. Dejected from the criticisms, she moved to Los Angeles, where her music had been better received, and she familiarized herself with electronic instruments. She then returned to Buenos Aires to produce her second album, Segundo, incorporating the sonic elements she had learned. Each one of her following albums have added a new complexity to her music, which is characterized by layered loops of acoustic and electronic sounds.