- Clips (4)Latest ClipCilla Black
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreBBC News - Cilla Black told a friend she 'she was going to see Bobby'
- Cilla Blackhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01bqljd.jpg2015-02-20T15:50:00ZThe Liverpudlian starlet chats to Brian about fashion and her touring band.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/e002853b-7843-449b-a46a-c35fe6b8bed5?clipfocus=p02kglc9Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
- Cilla Black is inducted into Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01jx5tc.jpg2013-10-20T20:01:00ZRadio 2 listener Pat Collier in Lancashire nominates Cilla Black for a place Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/e002853b-7843-449b-a46a-c35fe6b8bed5?clipfocus=p01jx5tvSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
Cilla Black is inducted into Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- Chris Tarrant chats to Cilla Blackhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cftd6.jpg2012-03-23T00:00:00ZTarrant sits in for Wrighty and chats to TV and music legend Cilla Black.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/e002853b-7843-449b-a46a-c35fe6b8bed5?clipfocus=p00q6sgqSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 21 mins
Chris Tarrant chats to Cilla Black
- Cilla Black & Liverpool supporters - Anyone Who Had A Hearthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c8nd6.jpg2011-04-20T23:00:00ZLiverpool supporters at The Kop sing Cilla Black's Anyone Who Had A Heart, followed by Cilla herself. Produced by George Martin. (Arena: The Brian Epstein Story, 1998)http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/e002853b-7843-449b-a46a-c35fe6b8bed5?clipfocus=p00gj2mvSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Cilla Black & Liverpool supporters - Anyone Who Had A Heart
Clips from Similar Artists
Priscilla Maria Veronica White OBE (27 May 1943 – 1 August 2015), known by her stage name Cilla Black, was an English singer, actress, entertainer and media personality. Championed by The Beatles, she began her career as a singer in 1963, and her singles "Anyone Who Had a Heart" (1964) and "You're My World" (1964) both reached number one. Black had eleven Top Ten hits on the British charts between 1964 and 1971. In May 2010 new research published by BBC Radio 2 showed that her version of "Anyone Who Had a Heart" was the UK's biggest selling single by a female artist in the 1960s. "You're My World" was also a modest hit in the US, peaking at No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Along with a successful recording career in the 1960s and early 1970s, Black hosted her own eponymous variety show, Cilla, for the BBC between 1968 and 1976. After a brief time as a comedy actress in the mid-1970s, she became a prominent television presenter in the 1980s and 1990s, hosting hit entertainment shows such as Blind Date (1985–2003) and Surprise Surprise (1984–2001).