Amy Winehouse Biography (Wikipedia)
Amy Jade Winehouse (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011) was an English singer and songwriter known for her deep expressive contralto vocals and her eclectic mix of musical genres, including soul (sometimes labelled as blue-eyed soul and neo soul), rhythm and blues, and jazz. Winehouse's debut album, Frank (2003), was a critical success in the UK and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. Her follow-up album, Back to Black (2006), led to five 2008 Grammy Awards, tying the then record for the most wins by a female artist in a single night, and made her the first British female to win five Grammys, including three of the general field "Big Four" awards: Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year.
Winehouse won three Ivor Novello Awards: in 2004, Best Contemporary Song for "Stronger Than Me"; in 2007, Best Contemporary Song again, this time for "Rehab"; and in 2008, Best Song Musically and Lyrically for "Love Is a Losing Game." She also won the 2007 Brit Award for Best British Female Artist, having been nominated for Best British Album, with Back to Black.
- Archive Interview: Amy Winehouse, 2006https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p042cd7s.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p042cd7s.jpg2016-07-23T16:50:00.000ZCraig chats to Amy about 'It's a Wonderful Life' and her 2006 album 'You Know I'm No Good'.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p042cd8d
Archive Interview: Amy Winehouse, 2006
- Amy Winehouse in conversation with Janice Longhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01bqljc.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01bqljc.jpg2016-04-04T11:31:00.000ZJanice looks back at Amy Winehouse's 2003 visit to the studio shortly before the release of her first album, Frank.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03pzz77
Amy Winehouse in conversation with Janice Long
- Juliette Ashby Interview & Sessionhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p032vpdz.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p032vpdz.jpg2015-09-18T15:01:00.000ZJuliette Ashby and her band play live in session for The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p032vpps
Juliette Ashby Interview & Session
- Amy Winehouse enter Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02hhdyd.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02hhdyd.jpg2015-01-25T20:50:00.000ZAmy Winehouse is inducted into Michael Balls Singers Hall of Fame!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p02hhdyp
Amy Winehouse enter Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- What role did the press play in Amy's downfall?https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0151qr5.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0151qr5.jpg2013-02-13T15:56:00.000ZContributors Adele Mandy and Rosie Stokoe talk about the conflicting roles of the press in the rise and fall of singer Amy Winehouse.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0151qrf
What role did the press play in Amy's downfall?
- Amy was ''her own worst enemy''https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0151qky.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0151qky.jpg2013-02-13T15:49:00.000ZAlison Duncan, who went to see Amy Winehouse when she was first starting out, talks about the tragedy of her talent being destroyed by addiction.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0151ql0
Amy was ''her own worst enemy''
Amy Winehouse Tracks
Past BBC Events
Latest Amy Winehouse News
Audio & Video from Similar Artists
RnB Archives: 2003 - Trevor Nelson & Alicia Keys
Adele - Glastonbury 2016 Highlights
Cornbury: Corinne Bailey Rae
Adele talks to Jo Whiley before her Glastonbury set
Alicia Keys - 'As women we feel like we have to please everybody'
Alicia Keys on family life, new music and being an independent woman
What's it like to write a song with Adele?
Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On (Later Archive 2006)
Jamie Cullum & Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On (live at Cheltenham 2016)
Corinne Bailey Rae - Stop Where You Are (live at Cheltenham 2016)