- Clips (4)Latest ClipABBA's Agnetha and Frida are inducted into the Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- ABBA's Agnetha and Frida are inducted into the Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01dwhrw.jpg2013-08-11T20:01:00ZRadio 2 listener Mary Freeman in Wakefield nominates ABBA's Agnetha and Frida for a place in Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8?clipfocus=p01dwhsnSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
ABBA's Agnetha and Frida are inducted into the Singers Hall of Fame
- Agnetha: Abba and After Trailerhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p019ymq4.jpg2013-06-04T11:53:00ZAbba singer Agnetha Fältskog has made a comeback to the music world. This special documentary charts her rise to stardom and the return of this reluctant star.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8?clipfocus=p019ymr3Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Agnetha: Abba and After Trailer
- Benny Andersson - Tracks Of My Yearshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cf1nq.jpg2012-02-09T00:00:05ZABBA's Benny Andersson picks his Tracks Of My Years for Ken Bruce.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8?clipfocus=p00p16yjSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 15 mins
Benny Andersson - Tracks Of My Years
- Winner 1974http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02blpcn.jpg2010-06-02T00:00:00ZThe nineteenth annual Eurovision Song Contest broadcast from The Dome in Brighton. Swedish group ABBA won the day with "Waterloo" and went on to become the most famous Eurovision act of all time.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8?clipfocus=p0085d2tSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Clips from Similar Artists
ABBA (stylized ) was a Swedish pop group formed in Stockholm in 1972, comprising Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. ABBA is an acronym of the first letters of the band members' first names and is sometimes stylized as the registered trademark ᗅᗺᗷᗅ. The band became one of the most commercially successful acts in the history of popular music, topping the charts worldwide from 1975 to 1982. They won the Eurovision Song Contest 1974 at the Dome in Brighton, UK, giving Sweden its first triumph in the contest, and were the most successful group ever to take part in the competition. Ulvaeus and Andersson wrote the Broadway musical "Chess" in 1980.
According to CNN and some other sources ABBA has sold over 300 million albums and singles worldwide. Although according to its label the Universal Music Group the band has sold over 375 million records as of January 2010, this figure has not been independently verified and has occasionally been questioned. Other estimates range from over 140 to over 500 million sold records. This makes them one of the best-selling music artists, and the second best-selling music group of all time, after the Beatles. ABBA was the first group to come from a non-English-speaking country to enjoy consistent success in the charts of English-speaking countries, including the UK, Ireland, the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. The group also enjoyed significant success in Latin American markets, and recorded a collection of their hit songs in Spanish.