- Clips (4)Latest ClipBilly Connolly on Bert Jansch
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Billy Connolly on Bert Janschhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0160n66.jpg2013-03-07T15:08:00ZMark talks to Billy Connolly about the late, great guitarist Bert Jansch.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d7f95537-2b48-403d-9ac2-f1fc7aad0960?clipfocus=p0160n7vSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 14 mins
Billy Connolly on Bert Jansch
- Bert Jansch - When The Circus Comes To Town (Later Archive 1996)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cckb6.jpg2011-10-13T23:00:45ZBert Jansch performs When The Circus Comes To Town alongside Jools Holland on piano on Later...With Jools Holland in 1996.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d7f95537-2b48-403d-9ac2-f1fc7aad0960?clipfocus=p00l4blbSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Bert Jansch - When The Circus Comes To Town (Later Archive 1996)
- Bert Jansch - River Bank (Later Archive 2000)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cckb9.jpg2011-10-13T23:00:35ZBert Jansch performs River Bank on Later... with Jools Holland in 2000.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d7f95537-2b48-403d-9ac2-f1fc7aad0960?clipfocus=p00l4br0Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Bert Jansch - River Bank (Later Archive 2000)
- Bert Jansch - Running From Home - Live At Celtic Connectionshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ccd5d.jpg2011-10-04T23:00:47ZThe legendary Scottish acoustic guitar maestro performing at Glasgow's Old Fruitmarket in 2008.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d7f95537-2b48-403d-9ac2-f1fc7aad0960?clipfocus=p00kwjlzSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Bert Jansch - Running From Home - Live At Celtic Connections
Clips from Similar Artists
Herbert "Bert" Jansch (3 November 1943 – 5 October 2011) was a Scottish folk musician and founding member of the band Pentangle. He was born in Glasgow and came to prominence in London in the 1960s, as an acoustic guitarist, as well as a singer-songwriter. He recorded at least 25 albums and toured extensively from the 1960s to the 21st century.
Jansch was a leading figure in the British folk music revival of the 1960s, touring folk clubs and recording several solo albums, as well as collaborating with other musicians such as John Renbourn and Anne Briggs. In 1968, he co-founded the band Pentangle, touring and recording with them until their break-up in 1972. He then took a few years' break from music, returning in the late 1970s to work on a series of projects with other musicians. He joined a reformed Pentangle in the early 1980s and remained with them as they evolved through various changes of personnel until 1995. Until his death, Jansch continued to work as a solo artist.
Jansch's work influenced such artists as Al Stewart, Paul Simon, Johnny Marr, Elton John, Ian Anderson, Bernie Taupin, Bernard Butler, Jimmy Page, Nick Drake, Graham Coxon, Donovan, Neil Young, Fleet Foxes, Devendra Banhart, Neil Halstead, and Roy Harper.