The Fall are an English post-punk band, formed in 1976 in Prestwich, Greater Manchester. With an ever-changing line up, the group essentially consists of its founder and only constant member, Mark E. Smith. The singer is famously dismissive of musicians and when asked about the high turnover of Fall members said "if it's me and your granny on bongos, then it's [the] Fall". First associated with the late 1970s punk movement, the band's music has evolved through numerous stylistic changes, often concurrently with changes in the group's line-up. The Fall's music is characterised by repetition and an abrasive guitar-driven sound, and is always underpinned by Smith's typically cryptic lyrics, described by Steve Huey as "abstract poetry filled with complicated wordplay, bone-dry wit, cutting social observations and general misanthropy."
- Clips (1)Latest ClipSteve Hanley: Life In The Fall
- Tracks (30)Last Played on BBCTotally Wired
- Events6 MUSIC LIVE test _Test Events
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Steve Hanley: Life In The Fallhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p028gc0b.jpg2014-10-11T08:41:00ZThe Fall's longest serving member (after Mark E Smith) describes life in the band.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/clips#p028gc0sSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 4 mins
Steve Hanley: Life In The Fall