- Clips (3)Latest ClipThe Hollies are inducted in to Michael Balls Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- The Hollies are inducted in to Michael Balls Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02rx42r.jpg2015-05-24T19:50:00ZThe Hollies are inducted in to Michael Balls Singers Hall of Famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d4305549-6b4e-4a57-b24d-8af0743fe191?clipfocus=p02rx449Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
The Hollies are inducted in to Michael Balls Singers Hall of Fame
- The Hollieshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02crbdh.jpg2014-11-25T11:17:00ZBrian Matthew speaks to the Hollies about the hard work involved in finding famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d4305549-6b4e-4a57-b24d-8af0743fe191?clipfocus=p02crc72Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
- Allan Clarke chats to Steve Wrighthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01w0nns.jpg2014-03-21T13:33:00ZFormer Hollies lead singer Allan Clarke discusses his 1970s solo career.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d4305549-6b4e-4a57-b24d-8af0743fe191?clipfocus=p01w0mhbSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 7 mins
Allan Clarke chats to Steve Wright
Clips from Similar Artists
The Hollies are an English pop/rock group known for their pioneering and distinctive three part vocal harmony style. The Hollies became one of the leading British groups of the 1960s (231 weeks on the UK singles charts during the 1960s; the 9th highest of any artist of the decade) and into the mid 1970s. It was formed by Allan Clarke and Graham Nash in late 1962 as a Merseybeat type music group in Manchester, although some of the band members came from towns north of there. Graham Nash left the group in 1968 to form the supergroup Crosby, Stills & Nash.
They enjoyed considerable popularity in many countries (at least 60 singles or EPs and 26 albums charting somewhere in the world spanning over five decades), although they did not achieve major US chart success until 1966 with "Bus Stop". The Hollies had over 30 charting singles on the UK Singles Chart, and 22 on the Billboard Hot 100, with major hits on both sides of the Atlantic that included "Just One Look", "Look Through Any Window", "Bus Stop", "I Can't Let Go", "On a Carousel", "Stop Stop Stop", "Carrie Anne", "Jennifer Eccles", and later "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother", "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" and "The Air That I Breathe".