- Clips (3)Latest ClipMGMT chat to Phil Taggart and Alice Levine
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- MGMT chat to Phil Taggart and Alice Levinehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01k5514.jpg2013-10-22T15:20:00ZBenjamin Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT catch up with Phil and Alice.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/c485632c-b784-4ee9-8ea1-c5fb365681fc?clipfocus=p01k551ySelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 11 mins
MGMT chat to Phil Taggart and Alice Levine
- MGMT - Time To Pretend (Later Archive 2008)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01jqxkw.jpg2013-10-14T16:55:00ZMGMT perform Time To Pretend on Later... with Jools Holland in 2008.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/c485632c-b784-4ee9-8ea1-c5fb365681fc?clipfocus=p01jqxlqSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
MGMT - Time To Pretend (Later Archive 2008)
- MGMT chat to Rob da Bankhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01fz4ts.jpg2013-08-31T13:12:00ZRDB catches up with MGMT! He gives their latest single Life is a Lie a spin and chats to them about their forthcoming self-titled album.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/c485632c-b784-4ee9-8ea1-c5fb365681fc?clipfocus=p01fz4txSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 7 mins
MGMT chat to Rob da Bank
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
MGMT is an American electronic/psychedelic rock band founded by Benjamin Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden. After the release of their first album, the members of their live band, Matthew Asti, James Richardson and Will Berman, joined the core band in the studio. Formed at Wesleyan University and originally with Cantora Records, they signed with Columbia Records and Red Ink in 2006.
On October 5, 2007, Spin.com named MGMT "Artist of the Day." On November 14, 2007, Rolling Stone pegged MGMT as a top ten "Artist to Watch" in 2008. The band was named ninth in the BBC's Sound of 2008 Top Ten Poll. They were also named as Last.fm's most played new artist of 2008 in their Best of 2008 list.
MGMT's first album, Oracular Spectacular, debuted at No. 12 on the UK album chart, No. 13 after 34 weeks in the New Zealand RIANZ charts, number six on the Australian ARIA Charts, and hit number one on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. It has also been named the 18th best album of the 2000s by Rolling Stone magazine. It was named the best album of 2008 by NME. MGMT also appeared prominently in Australia's Triple J Hottest 100 2008, coming in 2nd with "Electric Feel", 5th with "Kids" and 18th with "Time to Pretend".