Blur are an English rock band, formed in London in 1988. The group consists of singer/keyboardist Damon Albarn, guitarist/singer Graham Coxon, bassist Alex James and drummer Dave Rowntree. Blur's debut album Leisure (1991) incorporated the sounds of Madchester and shoegazing. Following a stylistic change influenced by English guitar pop groups such as the Kinks, Wire and XTC, Blur released Modern Life Is Rubbish (1993), Parklife (1994) and The Great Escape (1995). As a result, the band helped to popularise the Britpop genre and achieved mass popularity in the UK, aided by a chart battle with rivals Oasis in 1995 dubbed the "Battle of Britpop".
- Clips (12)Latest ClipBlur perform an acoustic version of 'Parklife'
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreBBC - Newsbeat - Secret Glastonbury sets that might actually happen
- Blur perform an acoustic version of 'Parklife'http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02pxmlx.jpg2015-04-24T16:55:00ZBlur & Phil Daniels play an acoustic version of Parklife on Chris Evans Breakfast Showhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p02pxn41Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Blur perform an acoustic version of 'Parklife'
- Blur - Music Is My Radar (Later Archive 2000)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02nw6v9.jpg2015-04-10T15:57:00ZBlur perform Music Is My Radar on Later... with Jools Holland in 2000.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p02nw6vwSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
Blur - Music Is My Radar (Later Archive 2000)
- Blur: Song 2http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p025dghl.jpg2014-08-25T06:30:00ZSteve Lamacq reflects on the brilliance of the Song 2 riff by Blurhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p025dglsSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
Blur: Song 2
- Blur - Archive Interview (2000)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chrl4.jpg2012-07-31T15:00:00ZLammo replays an early Blur interview recorded back in 2000.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00wss3zSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 29 mins
Blur - Archive Interview (2000)
- Blur chat with Steve Lamacqhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chrl0.jpg2012-07-31T15:00:00ZBlur join us at the BBC's legendary Maida Vale studios, for a chat when Steve will be charting his relationship with the band from the first demo tape he received in the late 80s, when they were operating under the name Seymour, through their meteoric rise in the 90s, and dramatic implosion in the Noughties.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00wsrkfSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 18 mins
Blur chat with Steve Lamacq
- Blur's Secret Gighttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chhvs.jpg2012-07-02T23:00:48Z6 Music presenter Steve Lamacq was the first person in the world to play Blur's new track Under The Westway this week. It's one of two new songs - the other being The Puritian that the band have written especially for their appearance at the OOCCC (Official Olympic Closing Ceremony Concert) which happens in Hyde Park on August 12th. The band also performed the two new tracks on a rainy rooftop at a secret location in London last night - Around 50 people were aloowed in to watch the show, the rest could take it all in through a live Twitter stream. This is the first new material we've heard from the band since their one-off Fools Day single in 2010 - and both tracks went onsale online last night - with a limited-edition 7" to be released August 6th. Speaking to 6 Music News, bassist Alex Jame reveals how emotional it was to be performing with his bandmates again.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00vmcx6Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Blur's Secret Gig
- Graham Coxon's Best Gigshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ch6dm.jpg2012-06-06T23:00:28ZGraham Coxon has been reflecting on some of the most memorable gigs he has been to. Speaking while he himself was playing a small intimate set as part of the Philips Fidelio launch in London, he admitted the likes of My Bloody Valentine and Dinosaur Jr were stand out performances, as was a particular Osmond show.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00tkvjhSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
Graham Coxon's Best Gigs
- Blur - The Universal (Later Archive 1995)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01txkm8.jpg2012-04-29T23:00:00ZBlur perform The Universal on Later...with Jools Holland in 1995.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00rwx0mSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
Blur - The Universal (Later Archive 1995)
- Alex James - Interview with Simon Mayohttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cfzmy.jpg2012-03-26T23:00:42ZSimon is joined by cheesemaker and Blur bassist, Alex James, to discuss what's hot and what's not in the world of pasteurised milk.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00qgqtySelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 16 mins
Alex James - Interview with Simon Mayo
- Graham Coxon - Interview with Steve Lamacqhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cf7nm.jpg2012-02-23T00:00:05ZSteve Lamacq asks Graham Coxon - Where Have You Been? Plus he has a first play of Coxon's new single What'll It Take.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00pf3rbSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 12 mins
Graham Coxon - Interview with Steve Lamacq
- Blur - Interview with Jo Whileyhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cf5yy.jpg2012-02-21T20:00:00ZJo Whiley talks with Blur backstage at the Brit Awards.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p00pd1kgSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 7 mins
Blur - Interview with Jo Whiley
- Glastonbury 2009 - Zane Lowe talks to Blur.http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bltlb.jpg2010-06-13T00:00:00ZZane Lowe talks to Blur moments before their Pyramid stage headlining return at Glastonbury 2009.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/ba853904-ae25-4ebb-89d6-c44cfbd71bd2?clipfocus=p008c4qqSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 6 mins
Glastonbury 2009 - Zane Lowe talks to Blur.
Clips from Similar Artists