- Clips (2)Latest ClipInterpol - Slow Hands (Later Archive 2004)
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Interpol - Slow Hands (Later Archive 2004)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p028wdch.jpg2014-10-17T23:30:00ZInterpol perform Slow Hands on Later... with Jools Holland in 2004.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/b23e8a63-8f47-4882-b55b-df2c92ef400e?clipfocus=p028wfv6Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Interpol - Slow Hands (Later Archive 2004)
- 6 Music Live: Interpol Session Highlightshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c0zrc.jpg2010-11-22T00:00:00ZAndrew Collins is joined by Interpol for a live session.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/b23e8a63-8f47-4882-b55b-df2c92ef400e?clipfocus=p00c9xlqSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
6 Music Live: Interpol Session Highlights
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
2015 6 Music Festival
Interpol is an American rock band from New York City. Formed in 1997, the band's original line-up consisted of Paul Banks (vocals, guitar), Daniel Kessler (guitar, vocals), Carlos Dengler (bass guitar, keyboards) and Greg Drudy (drums, percussion). Drudy left the band in 2000 and was replaced by Sam Fogarino. In 2010, shortly after recording finished for the band's fourth album, Dengler left to pursue personal projects.
Having first performed at Luna Lounge along with other notable bands like The Strokes, Longwave, The National and Stellastarr, they are one of the bands associated with the New York City indie music scene, and was one of several groups that emerged from the post-punk revival of the 2000s. The band's sound is generally a mix of staccato bass and rhythmic, harmonized guitar, with a snare heavy mix, drawing comparisons to post-punk bands such as Joy Division and The Chameleons. Aside from the lyrics, their songwriting method includes all of the band members, rather than relying on any given chief songwriter.