- Clips (2)Latest ClipThe Corrs enter Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- Events2015 Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- The Corrs enter Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02grsb7.jpg2015-01-12T11:58:00ZMark Witchell in Devon nominates The Corrs for a place in Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame on Radio 2http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/acf6c776-d0f6-4239-b5a2-a45a613ffa52?clipfocus=p02grscbSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
The Corrs enter Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- Sharon Corr's live Weekend Wogan Sessionhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01zrsmn.jpg2014-05-25T13:16:00ZThe Corrs singer and fiddler sang two songs and chatted with Sir Terry about her new album, The Same Sun, and being a judge on The Voice Of Ireland.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/acf6c776-d0f6-4239-b5a2-a45a613ffa52?clipfocus=p01zrvdrSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 16 mins
Sharon Corr's live Weekend Wogan Session
Clips from Similar Artists
Upcoming BBC Events
2015 Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park
The Corrs are an Irish band that combine rock with traditional Celtic Irish folk themes within their music. The group consists of the Corr siblings, Andrea (lead vocals, tin whistle); Sharon (violin, vocals); Caroline (drums, percussion, piano, bodhrán, vocals); and Jim (guitar, piano, keyboards, vocals). They are from Dundalk, Co. Louth, in Ireland.
The Corrs have released five studio albums and numerous singles, which have reached platinum in many countries. Talk on Corners, their most successful album to date, reached multi-platinum status in Australia, and in the UK it was the highest selling album of 1998. The band is one of only a handful of acts who have held the top two positions simultaneously in the UK album charts, with Talk on Corners at number one and Forgiven, Not Forgotten at number two. Forgiven, Not Forgotten was the second highest selling album in Australia in 1996, behind Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill. The Corrs' third studio album, In Blue, went to number one in seventeen countries.