Michael Gordon "Mike" Oldfield (born 15 May 1953) is an English musician and composer. His work blends progressive rock with world, folk, classical, electronic, ambient, and new-age music. He is best known for his 1973 album Tubular Bells – which launched Virgin Records and became a hit after its opening was used as the theme for the film The Exorcist – and for his 1983 hit single "Moonlight Shadow". He is also known for his rendition of the Christmas piece "In Dulci Jubilo".
- Clips (3)Latest ClipMike Oldfield on 40 years of Tubular Bells
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Mike Oldfield on 40 years of Tubular Bellshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chs28.jpg2012-08-02T23:00:39ZMike Oldfield has been reflecting on his most famous album release, Tubular Bells. The British musician performed the music during the Olympic's Opening Ceremony and it has already seen a massive increase of sales - rising 757 percent at music chain HMV. Here he discusses his music and that Olympic performance.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12?clipfocus=p00wx4nxSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Mike Oldfield on 40 years of Tubular Bells
- Mike Oldfield interview with Johnnie Walker.http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02chr26.jpg2012-07-29T23:00:35ZMike Oldfield talks to Johnnie Walker about his career in the 1970s and Tubular Bells.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12?clipfocus=p00wprhhSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 19 mins
Mike Oldfield interview with Johnnie Walker.
- Mike Oldfield - Interview with Stuart Maconiehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c9tvr.jpg2011-07-24T23:00:36ZMike Oldfield talks to Stuart about the reissue of his album Incantations.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12?clipfocus=p00jd8k8Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 16 mins
Mike Oldfield - Interview with Stuart Maconie
Clips from Similar Artists