- Clips (4)Latest ClipThe Police: Every Breath You Take
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- The Police: Every Breath You Takehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0256b2v.jpg2014-08-25T05:00:00ZBernie Marsden of Whitesnake explains why it's so hard to play the riff of Every Break You Take by The Policehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/9e0e2b01-41db-4008-bd8b-988977d6019a?clipfocus=p0256b5gSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
The Police: Every Breath You Take
- Sting - Interview highlights with Johnnie Walkerhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cd24b.jpg2011-11-15T00:00:36ZHear highlights of Sting's interview with Johnnie Walker including being a real Englishman in New York, the inspiration behind Roxanne and why he made the decision to split up The Police.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/9e0e2b01-41db-4008-bd8b-988977d6019a?clipfocus=p00lw5x3Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 5 mins
Sting - Interview highlights with Johnnie Walker
- Stewart Copeland on composinghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c73s8.jpg2011-02-04T00:00:00ZThe Police's drummer gives us an insight on how they composed their tracks.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/9e0e2b01-41db-4008-bd8b-988977d6019a?clipfocus=p00dwkxzSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
Stewart Copeland on composing
- Stewart Copeland on Spirits In The Material Worldhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c73rw.jpg2011-02-04T00:00:00ZDrummer for The Police talks about the reggae influenced make up of Spirits In The Material World.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/9e0e2b01-41db-4008-bd8b-988977d6019a?clipfocus=p00dwkthSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Stewart Copeland on Spirits In The Material World
Clips from Similar Artists
The Police were an English rock band formed in London in 1977. For the majority of their history, the band consisted of Sting (lead singer, bassist and principal songwriter), Andy Summers (guitarist) and Stewart Copeland (drummer). The Police became globally popular in the late 1970s and are generally regarded as one of the first new wave groups to achieve mainstream success, playing a style of rock that was influenced by punk, reggae, and jazz. They are also considered one of the leaders of the Second British Invasion of the U.S. They disbanded in 1986, but reunited in early 2007 for a one-off world tour that ended in August 2008.
Their 1978 debut album, Outlandos d'Amour, reached No. 6 in the UK, and their second album Reggatta de Blanc became the first of five consecutive UK No. 1 albums. Synchronicity from 1983 was No. 1 in both the UK and U.S., and sold over 8 million copies in the U.S. alone. The Police have sold over 75 million records, making them one of the world's best-selling artists of all time. They were the world's highest-earning musicians in 2008, thanks to their reunion tour.