- Clips (3)Latest ClipBeyonce live at Glastonbury 2011
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Beyonce live at Glastonbury 2011http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c9m4r.jpg2011-07-25T23:00:00ZBeyonce took to the Glastonbury Festival Pyramid Stage for a groundbreaking performance in front of 170,000 people.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/859d0860-d480-4efd-970c-c05d5f1776b8?clipfocus=p00j280xSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
Beyonce live at Glastonbury 2011
- Beyonce chats to Lauren Laverne and Jo Whileyhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c9gkh.jpg2011-06-26T23:00:59ZBeyonce chats to Lauren Laverne and Jo Whiley after her performance at Glastonbury 2011http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/859d0860-d480-4efd-970c-c05d5f1776b8?clipfocus=p00htc4sSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 6 mins
Beyonce chats to Lauren Laverne and Jo Whiley
- Beyonce's Pre-Glastonbury Interviewhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c9gkl.jpg2011-06-26T23:00:21ZBeyonce talks about what it means to her to headline Glastonbury and how she prepared for the big moment.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/859d0860-d480-4efd-970c-c05d5f1776b8?clipfocus=p00htc5hSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
Beyonce's Pre-Glastonbury Interview
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Beyoncé Live Lounge
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter ( bee-YON-say; born September 4, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, she performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child, and rose to fame in the late 1990s as lead singer of R&B girl-group Destiny's Child. Managed by her father Mathew Knowles, the group became one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time. Their hiatus saw the release of Beyoncé's debut album, Dangerously in Love (2003), which established her as a solo artist worldwide; it sold 11 million copies, earned five Grammy Awards and featured the Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles "Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy".
Following the disbandment of Destiny's Child in June 2005, she released her second solo album, B'Day (2006), which contained hits "Déjà Vu", "Irreplaceable", and "Beautiful Liar". Beyoncé also ventured into acting, with a Golden Globe-nominated performance in Dreamgirls (2006), and starring roles in The Pink Panther (2006) and Obsessed (2009). Her marriage to rapper Jay Z and portrayal of Etta James in Cadillac Records (2008) influenced her third album, I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008), which saw the birth of her alter-ego Sasha Fierce and earned a record-setting six Grammy Awards in 2010, including Song of the Year for "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)". Beyoncé took a hiatus from music in 2010 and took over management of her career; her fourth album 4 (2011) was subsequently mellower in tone, exploring 1970s funk, 1980s pop, and 1990s soul. Her critically acclaimed fifth studio album, Beyoncé (2013), was distinguished from previous releases by its experimental production and exploration of darker themes.