- Clips (3)Latest ClipAsha Bhosle - Archive Interview (2011)
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Asha Bhosle - Archive Interview (2011)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01zzd21.jpg2012-10-15T09:00:00ZGagan replays a classic interview with Asha Bhosle from 2011 in which she looks back on six decades in Bollywood.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/79c5547a-e098-495c-8dac-7e99546aa46b?clipfocus=p00zwjwkSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 10 mins
Asha Bhosle - Archive Interview (2011)
- Asian Network Gold: Asha Bhoslehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cf7s1.jpg2012-02-23T00:00:12ZWatch Asha Bhosle performing 'In Aankhon Ki Masti' from the film Umrao Jaanhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/79c5547a-e098-495c-8dac-7e99546aa46b?clipfocus=p00pf8bkSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
Asian Network Gold: Asha Bhosle
- Asha Bhosle interview on Gagan Grewalhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c86cb.jpg2011-03-23T00:00:00ZFrom romantic film songs to cabaret to ghazals - the legendary Asha Bhosle has sung them all. She chats to Gagan exclusively about songs which have become 'bookmarks' of her life.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/79c5547a-e098-495c-8dac-7e99546aa46b?clipfocus=p00fv7swSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 26 mins
Asha Bhosle interview on Gagan Grewal
Clips from Similar Artists
Asha Bhosle (born 8 September 1933), commonly referred to as Ashaji, is an Indian singer. She is best known as a playback singer in Hindi cinema, although she has a wider repertoire. Bhosle's career started in 1943 and has spanned over six decades. She has done playback singing for over a thousand Bollywood movies. In addition, she has recorded several private albums and participated in numerous solo concerts in India and abroad. Bhosle is the sister of playback singer Lata Mangeshkar.
Renowned for her voice range and often credited for her versatility, Bhosle's work includes film music, pop, ghazals, bhajans, traditional Indian classical music, folk songs, qawwalis, and Rabindra Sangeets. Apart from Hindi, she has sung in over 20 Indian and foreign languages. In 2006, Asha Bhosle stated that she had sung over 12,000 songs, a figure repeated by several other sources. The World Records Academy, an international organization which certifies world records, recognised her as the "Most Recorded Artist" in the world, in September 2009. In 2011, she was officially acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in music history. The Government of India honoured her with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2008. In 2013, she made her debut as an actress in the film Mai, and received critical acclaim for her performance.