- Clips (2)Latest ClipPublic Image Limited - Glastonbury highlights
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- Events18 Sep - O2 ABC, Glasgow, UK
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Public Image Limited - Glastonbury highlightshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01dk43j.jpg2013-07-31T21:30:00ZHighlights of Public Image Limited's Other stage set at Glastonbury 2013.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/68950696-ee9a-49b2-a8c2-d1d6c19355cc?clipfocus=p01dk43kSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 5 mins
Public Image Limited - Glastonbury highlights
- John Lydon - Interview with Jo Whileyhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cgh0r.jpg2012-04-17T23:00:36ZJo chats to John Lydon about his favourite music and the new Public Image Ltd album.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/68950696-ee9a-49b2-a8c2-d1d6c19355cc?clipfocus=p00r7jntSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 12 mins
John Lydon - Interview with Jo Whiley
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Public Image Ltd (also known as PiL) are an English post-punk band formed by singer John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten), guitarist Keith Levene, bassist Jah Wobble, and drummer Jim Walker. Personnel has changed frequently over the ensuing years. Lydon is the sole constant member of the band.
Lydon emerged after the break-up of the Sex Pistols with PiL's Public Image: First Issue (1978). His new band had a more experimental sound: a "droning, slow-tempo, bass-heavy noise rock, overlaid by Lydon's distinctive, vituperative rant". Their early work is often regarded as some of the most challenging and innovative music of the post-punk era. Their 1979 album Metal Box was ranked number 469 on Rolling Stone magazine's 2003 list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. The NME described PiL as "arguably the first post-rock group".