Dave Grohl Biography (Wikipedia)
David Eric "Dave" Grohl (born January 14, 1969) is an American rock musician, multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, and producer. He is best known as the former drummer for the grunge band Nirvana and the founder and frontman of the rock band Foo Fighters, of which he is the lead singer, one of three guitarists, and primary songwriter.
Grohl was the drummer and co-founder of the rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures. He additionally wrote all the music and performed all the instruments for his short-lived side projects Late! and Probot. He has been involved with the rock band Queens of the Stone Age many times throughout the past decade. He has performed as a session drummer for a variety of musicians, including Garbage, Killing Joke, Kristeen Young, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, The Prodigy, Slash, Iggy Pop, Juliette and the Licks, Tenacious D, RDGLDGRN, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Lemmy, Stevie Nicks, Zac Brown Band and Ghost.
- Dave Grohl's first harmonieshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ptk2p.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ptk2p.jpg2015-04-23T11:39:00.000Z"My mother sang when she was young so I would sing with her in the car and she taught me how to harmonise."http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p02pt631
Dave Grohl's first harmonies
- Dave Grohl - Interviewhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cn858.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cn858.jpg2014-11-22T15:00:00.000ZDermot O'Leary talks to the Foo Fighters's Dave Grohl about new album Sonic Highways.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p02cn865
Dave Grohl - Interview
- God Only Knows (BBC Music)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0285vtj.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0285vtj.jpg2014-10-07T18:50:00.000ZTo celebrate the launch of BBC Music we've remade The Beach Boys' masterpiece God Only Knows with the help of a few friends…http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0286057
God Only Knows (BBC Music)
- Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic talk to Matt Everitthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01hkhdh.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01hkhdh.jpg2013-09-26T18:17:00.000ZDave Grohl and Krist Novoselic talk to Matt Everitt about the making of, In Utero.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p01hkhdz
Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic talk to Matt Everitt
- Dave Grohl speaks to Zane Lowe about In Uterohttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01h1090.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01h1090.jpg2013-09-19T14:01:00.000ZDave Grohl speaks to Zane Lowe about Nirvana's In Utero.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p01h10b9
Dave Grohl speaks to Zane Lowe about In Utero
- Dave Grohl talks to Matt Everitt about Sound Cityhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0167d7r.jpghttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0167d7r.jpg2013-03-12T17:50:00.000ZDave Grohl talks about the studio Sound City and the names that produced albums there.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0167db5
Dave Grohl talks to Matt Everitt about Sound City
Dave Grohl Tracks