Sir Arthur Seymour Sullivan MVO (13 May 1842 – 22 November 1900) was an English composer. He is best known for his series of 14 operatic collaborations with the dramatist W. S. Gilbert, including such enduring works as H.M.S. Pinafore, The Pirates of Penzance and The Mikado. Sullivan composed 23 operas, 13 major orchestral works, eight choral works and oratorios, two ballets, incidental music to several plays, and numerous hymns and other church pieces, songs, and piano and chamber pieces. The best known of his hymns and songs include "Onward Christian Soldiers" and "The Lost Chord".
- Clips (2)Latest ClipSullivan: Yeomen of the Guard
- Tracks (45)Last Played on BBCPineapple Poll - Opening dance
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Sullivan: Yeomen of the Guardhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0224xfl.jpg2014-07-04T11:01:00ZProms Music Guide: Yeomen of the Guardhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/clips#p0224xhgSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Sullivan: Yeomen of the Guard
- Prom 49 'Really enjoyed the Act One finale' (LadyIgraine on Twitter)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02ckns5.jpg2012-08-19T23:00:56ZJane Glover conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra, BBC Singers and aoloists in Act 1 of Gilbert and Sullivan's The Yeomen of the Guard.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/clips#p00xm69cSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Prom 49 'Really enjoyed the Act One finale' (LadyIgraine on Twitter)