- Clips (3)Latest ClipPhil Collins is inducted into the Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Phil Collins is inducted into the Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01c499g.jpg2013-06-30T21:06:00ZRadio 2 listener Heather Turner in Higham Ferrers nominates Phil Collins for a place in Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame on Radio 2http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/401c3991-b76b-499d-8082-9f2df958ef78?clipfocus=p01c499lSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
Phil Collins is inducted into the Singers Hall of Fame
- Phil Collins on making Face Valuehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p017mjzq.jpg2013-04-12T14:58:00ZPhil Collins talks about the making of his first solo album, Face Value.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/401c3991-b76b-499d-8082-9f2df958ef78?clipfocus=p017mk06Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
Phil Collins on making Face Value
- Phil Collins chats to Joolshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bq2jv.jpg2010-09-17T21:30:00ZWatch Phil Collins interviewed by Jools on the 250th episode of Later…with Jools Holland.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/401c3991-b76b-499d-8082-9f2df958ef78?clipfocus=p00b3h0rSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Phil Collins chats to Jools
Clips from Similar Artists
Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins, LVO (born 30 January 1951), is an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, music producer and actor. He gained fame as both the drummer and lead singer for the rock band Genesis, and he also gained worldwide fame as a solo artist.
Collins is one of the most successful songwriters and performers of all time, singing the lead vocals on dozens of hit albums and singles in the UK and the US between 1976 and 2010, either as a solo artist or with Genesis. His solo singles, sometimes dealing with lost love and often featuring his distinctive gated reverb drum sound, ranged from the atmospheric "In the Air Tonight", dance-rock of "Sussudio", piano-driven power ballad "Against All Odds", to the political and religious connotations of "Another Day in Paradise". Collins has been described by AllMusic as "one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond".
Collins joined Genesis in 1970 as the group's drummer and became their lead vocalist in 1975 following the departure of the original lead singer Peter Gabriel. His solo career, which was launched in 1981 and was heavily influenced by his personal life and soul music, brought both himself and Genesis greater commercial success. Collins's total worldwide sales as a solo artist are 150 million. Collins has won numerous music awards throughout his career, including seven Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards—winning Best British Male three times, three American Music Awards, an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards and a Disney Legend Award in 2002 for his solo work. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1999, was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2003, and into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Genesis in 2010. Collins was ranked number 10 in "The Greatest Drummers of All Time" list by Gigwise and number nine in a list of "The 20 greatest drummers of the last 25 years" by MusicRadar in 2010.