- Clips (10)Latest ClipPete Townshend feature on A Whole Scene Going, January 1966
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Pete Townshend feature on A Whole Scene Going, January 1966http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p029sgdj.jpg2014-10-31T15:20:00ZThe Who guitarist talks honestly about the band and the music scenehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p029sghrSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 5 mins
Pete Townshend feature on A Whole Scene Going, January 1966
- The Who: Out in the Streethttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p029sf9q.jpg2014-10-31T15:10:00ZOpening track from debut album My Generation; BBC TV, A Whole Scene Going, January 1966.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p029sfbkSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
The Who: Out in the Street
- The Who at 50http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p029lp1w.jpg2014-10-28T19:25:00ZCerys Matthews interviews Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend of The Who.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p029lp2rSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 14 mins
The Who at 50
- The Who: Won't Get Fooled Againhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p029lnpx.jpg2014-10-28T17:36:00ZThe Who at Kilburn 1977. Recorded at the Gaumont State Cinema, 15 December 1977http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p029lnr6Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 9 mins
The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again
- The Who: Join Togetherhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p029lms3.jpg2014-10-28T17:10:00ZA performance from June 1972 in front of an excited audiencehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p029lmvnSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 4 mins
The Who: Join Together
- Roger Daltrey chats to Steve Wrighthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01z7jzh.jpg2014-05-16T15:56:00ZRoger talks about his new album with Wilko Johnson and life in The Who.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p01z7jzzSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 10 mins
Roger Daltrey chats to Steve Wright
- Roger Daltrey on Pete Townshend smashing guitars "the thing used to scream!"http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01t1l79.jpg2014-02-28T12:48:00ZRoger Daltrey describes Pete Townshend's famous stage trick "the thing used to scream!".http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p01t1l7hSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
Roger Daltrey on Pete Townshend smashing guitars "the thing used to scream!"
- Roger Daltrey "I got thrown out of The Who once!"http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01t1k67.jpg2014-02-28T12:40:00ZRoger Daltrey wins the 'Thrown Out' game on Chris Evan's Breakfast Show.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p01t1k7dSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
Roger Daltrey "I got thrown out of The Who once!"
- Roger Daltrey chats to Steve Wrighthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cfhw8.jpg2012-03-07T16:45:00ZRoger Daltrey from The Who chats to Steve Wrighthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p00pw0xkSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 6 mins
Roger Daltrey chats to Steve Wright
- Roger Daltrey on the art of being a frontmanhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bl5xy.jpg2010-04-30T00:00:00ZThe Who's lead singer talks about how being a front man is really just all about acting.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/3896a59d-3058-4797-94b7-864bc58ccd98?clipfocus=p007pjv9Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Roger Daltrey on the art of being a frontman
Clips from Similar Artists
Roger Harry Daltrey, (born 1 March 1944) is an English singer and actor. In a career spanning more than 50 years, Daltrey came to prominence in the mid 1960s as the founder and lead singer of the English rock band The Who, which released fourteen singles that entered the top ten charts in the United Kingdom during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s, including "I Can't Explain", "My Generation", "Substitute", "I'm a Boy", "Happy Jack", "Pictures of Lily", "Pinball Wizard", "Won't Get Fooled Again", and "You Better You Bet". Daltrey began his solo career in 1973, while still a member of the Who. Since then, he has released eight studio albums, five compilation albums, and one live album. His solo hits include "Giving It All Away", "Walking the Dog", "Written on the Wind", "Free Me", "Without Your Love", "Walking in My Sleep", "After the Fire", and "Under a Raging Moon". In 2010 he was ranked as number 61 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 greatest singers of all time.
Daltrey has long been known as one of the most charismatic of rock's front-men and famed for his powerful voice and energetic stage presence. His persona has earned him a position as one of the "gods of rock and roll".