- Clips (2)Latest ClipPaul Weller enters Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Paul Weller enters Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02j4n2d.jpg2015-02-01T20:55:00ZPaul Weller is inducted into the Singers Hall of Fame on Sunday Night with Michael Ball.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/34e56f20-ddda-48c9-a4bb-6bb12df57de0?clipfocus=p02hywftSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
Paul Weller enters Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- Paul Weller on The Style Councilhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c8jgc.jpg2011-04-11T23:00:06ZPaul Weller looks back at The Style Council and his ambitions at the time. An extract from an interview with him for The Soul Britannia documentary.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/34e56f20-ddda-48c9-a4bb-6bb12df57de0?clipfocus=p00g92fbSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Paul Weller on The Style Council
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
The Style Council was an English band formed in Woking in 1983 by Paul Weller, the former singer and guitarist with The Jam, and keyboardist Mick Talbot, previously a member of Dexys Midnight Runners, The Bureau and The Merton Parkas.
The permanent line-up grew to include drummer Steve White and Weller's then-wife, vocalist Dee C. Lee. Other artists such as Tracie Young and Tracey Thorn (Everything but the Girl) also collaborated with the group. As with Weller's previous band, most of this London-based outfit's hits were in their homeland. The band did score six top 40 hits in Australia, and seven top 40 hits in New Zealand during the 1980s.