- Clips (2)Latest ClipFiring Blanks - Nina Nesbitt Vs Phil Taggart
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- EventsFind events near you
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Firing Blanks - Nina Nesbitt Vs Phil Taggarthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01f22fw.jpg2013-08-13T13:05:00ZNina Nesbitt & Phil Taggart take aim with their staple guns in Firing Blanks.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/2e759a02-63c2-437a-ace5-0c8dbc763684?clipfocus=p01f22jvSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 10 mins
Firing Blanks - Nina Nesbitt Vs Phil Taggart
- Nina Nesbitt - T in the Park highlightshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p00vts7n.jpg2012-07-07T23:12:00ZWatch Nina Nesbitt's performance on the BBC Introducing Stage at T in the Parkhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/2e759a02-63c2-437a-ace5-0c8dbc763684?clipfocus=p00vtsrsSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 11 mins
Nina Nesbitt - T in the Park highlights
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
2014 T in the Park
Nina Nesbitt Live Lounge
2013 T in the Park
Nina Nesbitt Live Lounge
2012 T in the Park
Nina Nesbitt (born 11 July 1994) is a Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist from Edinburgh.
She is best known for her pop single "Stay Out", which peaked at number twenty one on the UK Singles Chart in April 2013, becoming her first top forty single. Her debut single, "Boy", from the EP of the same name, was released in 2012 and peaked at number one hundred and thirty nine in the UK Singles Chart. Her second EP, titled The Apple Tree, was released in April 2012 and peaked at number six on the iTunes download charts after receiving airplay on BBC Radio 1, and also peaked at the top of the iTunes singer/songwriter chart.
In 2013, she came to brief attention, with her single "Stay Out". The "Way in the World EP" and single were then released on 23 July 2013, as a follow-up to "Stay Out". In August 2013, she recorded a version of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" for a new John Lewis advertising campaign, subsequently it charted at number 61 on 1 September in the UK Singles Chart, however disappointingly to Nesbitt, did not achieve any higher. Nina Nesbitt also featured on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge singing a cover of British singer John Newman's single "Love Me Again", which received mixed reviews. Her latest single "Selfies" was released on 9 February 2014 and featured on her debut album, Peroxide, released on 17 February 2014 in the United Kingdom. Nina wrote the song "Selfies" with a member of her band after discussing how, when people are sad or lonely, they sometimes take a selfie and post it online to pretend to people that they are having a good time. Nina explained she was guilty of doing this "from time to time".