The Byrds were an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1964. The band underwent multiple line-up changes throughout its existence, with frontman Roger McGuinn (known as Jim McGuinn until mid-1967) remaining the sole consistent member, until the group disbanded in 1973. Although they only managed to attain the huge commercial success of contemporaries like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Rolling Stones for a short period (1965–66), the Byrds are today considered by critics to be one of the most influential bands of the 1960s. Initially, they pioneered the musical genre of folk rock, melding the influence of the Beatles and other British Invasion bands with contemporary and traditional folk music. As the 1960s progressed, the band was also influential in originating psychedelic rock, raga rock, and country rock.
- Clips (2)Latest ClipThe Byrds: Mr. Tambourine Man
- Tracks (16)Last Played on BBCI'll Feel a Whole Lot Better
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- The Byrds: Mr. Tambourine Manhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p025697h.jpg2014-08-25T02:30:00ZRoger McGuinn of The Byrds tells the story behind the riff of Mr. Tambourine Manhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/clips#p025697sSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 1 min
The Byrds: Mr. Tambourine Man
- Crosby and Nash discuss Everybody's Been Burnedhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cc9dy.jpg2011-09-29T23:00:55ZCrosby and Nash discuss The Byrd's track Everybody's Been Burned.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/clips#p00ksdljSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 3 mins
Crosby and Nash discuss Everybody's Been Burned