Take That Biography (Wikipedia)
Take That are an English pop group formed in Manchester in 1990. The group currently consists of Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, and Mark Owen. The original line-up also featured Jason Orange and Robbie Williams. Barlow acts as the group's lead singer and primary songwriter, with Owen and Williams initially providing backing vocals and Donald and Orange serving primarily as dancers.
The group have had 28 top 40 singles and 17 top 5 singles in the United Kingdom, 12 of which have reached number one, as well as having seven number one albums. Internationally, the band have had 56 number one singles and 37 number one albums. They have received eight Brit Awards—winning awards for Best British Group and Best British Live Act.
Williams left the band in 1995 while the four remaining members completed their world tour and released a final single before splitting up in 1996. After filming a 2005 documentary about the group and releasing a new greatest hits album, a four-piece Take That without Williams officially announced a 2006 reunion tour around the UK, entitled The Ultimate Tour. On 9 May 2006, it was announced that the group were set to record new material together once again; their fourth studio album, Beautiful World, was released in 2006 and was followed up with The Circus, in 2008. The group achieved new success as a four-piece, scoring a string of chart hits across the UK and Europe while taking the number of records sold to 45 million worldwide.
- ''I wasn't very flattering about Gary - it was a mistake'' Simon Cowell on turning down Take Thathttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02fg3pl.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02fg3pl.jpg2016-11-10T16:06:00.000ZAn exclusive profile of the man who has dominated the entertainment world in the 21st century, in conversation at his west London home with good friend Jonathan Shalit.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04fvrcf
''I wasn't very flattering about Gary - it was a mistake'' Simon Cowell on turning down Take That
- Gary Barlow: "Take That will tour next year!"https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04835js.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04835js.jpg2016-09-16T14:50:00.000ZGary Barlow and Tim Firth talk about the musical 'The Girls' based on Calendar Girlshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04835m7
Gary Barlow: "Take That will tour next year!"
- Could YOU be in the next Take That...?https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rws91.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rws91.jpg2016-07-04T07:50:00.000ZGary tells Chris how you can star in Let It Shine talent show with a Take That twist.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p040chtx
Could YOU be in the next Take That...?
- Sigma - Radio 1’s Big Weekend 2016 Highlightshttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03wl1gg.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03wl1gg.jpg2016-06-28T22:59:00.000ZHighlights of Sigma's set at Radio 1's Big Weekend 2016http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03wlw9c
Sigma - Radio 1’s Big Weekend 2016 Highlights
- Exclusive: Hear the first play of Take That and Sigma’s new singlehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03vqqnj.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03vqqnj.jpg2016-05-20T11:05:00.000ZWe can also reveal they will be performing together at Radio 1's Big Weekend.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03vqn1b
Exclusive: Hear the first play of Take That and Sigma’s new single
- Take That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02swyn1.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02swyn1.jpg2015-06-07T19:51:00.000ZTake That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p02swynx
Take That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
Take That Tracks
Past BBC Events
Radio 2 In Concert: Take That
BBC Music Awards: 2014
Live Lounge: Take That
Latest Take That News
Performances & Interviews from Similar Artists
Robbie Williams - BBC Music Awards 2016
Why is Gary Barlow getting his top off for BBC One's Let it Shine?
Ask Robbie Williams: In Conversation
Gary Barlow hears the Take That For Hire auction total, live from his gym toilet!
'I've Googled myself 10 times this morning!' Robbie Williams on his career in the internet age
Robbie Williams Interview
Robbie Williams: "I don't want to be a has-been!"
Robbie Williams is introduced by himself, Mr Burns and Johnny Vegas!
Gary Barlow: "Take That will tour next year!"