- Clips (14)Latest ClipTake That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- TracksLast Played on BBC
- Events28 Aug - Laverstoke Park Farm, Overton, UK
- MoreSimilar Artists, Official Links
- Take That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02swyn1.jpg2015-06-07T19:51:00ZTake That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Famehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p02swynxSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 2 mins
Take That are inducted in to Michael Ball's Singers Hall of Fame
- Robbie Williams and Tim Smith!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cljhn.jpg2012-11-12T00:00:51ZRobbie Williams chats to Steve Wright and Tim Smith.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p0110gnzSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 14 mins
Robbie Williams and Tim Smith!
- Gary Barlow and his X Factor finalistshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cl41n.jpg2012-10-03T15:00:00ZGary Barlow and his X Factor finalists - Kye Sones, Melanie Masson and Carolynne Poole - chat to Steve Wrighthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00z9k1bSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 12 mins
Gary Barlow and his X Factor finalists
- Gary Barlow on the Diamond Jubilee Concerthttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cf18x.jpg2012-02-08T00:00:50ZGary Barlow chats to Steve Wright about the Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palacehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00p00s9Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 8 mins
Gary Barlow on the Diamond Jubilee Concert
- How has gay club culture helped Take That?http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c86zv.jpg2011-03-24T00:00:00ZDJ and promoter Luke Howard on the early support for Take That from gay clubs.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00fwcvkSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 3 mins
How has gay club culture helped Take That?
- Gary Barlow Day - Best Bits!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c6jk9.jpg2011-01-19T00:00:00ZYou know we love any excuse for a celebration and today was no different! Getting ready to hit the big 4-0 (although he doesn't look a day over, er 39) Gary Barlow popped in for a cup of tea, birthday cake and a chinwag about beating the bulge, his big fat birthday party, Take That and many more! Watch this to get his best bits!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00dcbpcSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 10 mins
Gary Barlow Day - Best Bits!
- Top Tenuous Featuring Gary Barlowhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c6jf4.jpg2011-01-19T00:00:00ZTake That's Gary Barlow co-hosted the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on the eve of his 40th birthday. Chris asked listeners to send in their most tenuous connections to Mr Barlow. Watch this to see just how tenuous they got.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00dc772Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 2 mins
Top Tenuous Featuring Gary Barlow
- Take That in the Live Loungehttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c0zmj.jpg2010-12-23T00:00:00ZFearne is live from the BBC's Maida Vale studios as Take That, complete with Robbie, hit Radio 1's Live Lounge.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00cbzspSelected ClipSelected ClipAudio 20 mins
Take That in the Live Lounge
- Take That smash a few recordshttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02c0zfn.jpg2010-11-22T00:00:00ZMark and Howard try some real record breaking - don't try this at home!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00c9v91Selected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Take That smash a few records
- Take That co-host with Steve Wright!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bzznf.jpg2010-11-12T17:06:09ZAll of Take That joined Steve to co-host - hear the best bits of the show!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00c4mr5Selected ClipSelected ClipAudio 29 mins
Take That co-host with Steve Wright!
- Mark Owen caught napping during interviewhttp://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bz9pg.jpg2010-10-27T13:18:00ZAn early morning interview with Scott Mills and the rest of Take That proves too much for Mark, who's caught on camera inspecting his eyelids.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00btrpjSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 1 min
Mark Owen caught napping during interview
- Take That! Scott interviews all five of them!http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02bz995.jpg2010-10-27T08:18:00ZTake That join Scott in the studio to talk about their upcoming tour, what it's like being back as a five-some, Gary's dancing and if they'd consider doing Glastonbury! And check out when Mark falls asleep!http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00btnthSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 30 mins
Take That! Scott interviews all five of them!
- Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow - 'Shame' (Clip)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02byrv3.jpg2010-10-07T15:37:00ZWatch Robbie and Gary perform their current single 'Shame' for Simon Mayo in Radio 2's Great British Songbook Library.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00bgt4qSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 39 s
Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow - 'Shame' (Clip)
- Robbie Williams - 'Feel' (Clip)http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02byrvn.jpg2010-10-07T15:09:00ZWatch Robbie Williams perform 'Feel' for Simon Mayo.http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/24d2505b-388c-46cc-8a64-48223ea6d78d?clipfocus=p00bgtcrSelected ClipSelected ClipVideo 37 s
Robbie Williams - 'Feel' (Clip)
Clips from Similar Artists
Past BBC Events
Take That Radio 2 In Concert
BBC Music Awards
Take That Live Lounge
Take That are an English pop group who formed in 1990. The group currently consists of Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, and Mark Owen. The original line-up also featured Jason Orange and Robbie Williams. Barlow acts as the group's lead singer and primary songwriter. Owen and Williams would provide backing vocals, with Donald and Orange serving primarily as dancers.
The group have had 28 top 40 singles and 17 top 5 singles in the United Kingdom, 12 of which have reached number 1, as well as having seven number 1 albums. Internationally the band have had 56 number 1 singles and 37 number 1 albums. They have received eight Brit Awards—winning awards for Best British Group and Best British Live Act.
Robbie Williams left the band in 1995 while the four remaining members completed their world tour and released a final single before splitting up in 1996. After filming a 2005 documentary about the group and releasing a new greatest hits album, a four-piece Take That without Williams officially announced a 2006 reunion tour around the UK, entitled The Ultimate Tour. On 9 May 2006, it was announced that the group were set to record new material together once again; their fourth studio album, Beautiful World, was released in 2006 and was followed up with The Circus, in 2008. The group achieved new success as a four-piece, scoring a string of chart hits across the UK and Europe while taking the number of records sold to 45 million worldwide.